Te’Mexw Treaty Association Job Posting: Communications Coordinator
October 18, 2019
Te’Mexw Treaty Association is looking to hire a Communications Coordinator.
Reporting to the Finance & Operations Manager, the Communications Coordinator facilitates effective and consistent communication between the Te’mexw Treaty Association and member Nations to ensure every member has the knowledge they need to make an informed decision on the treaty ratification vote.
This position requires the incumbent to visit our 5 member Nations and deliver a concise message of our Treaty Process working towards the community members having direct information from the Main Table discussion, allowing them to make an informed vote on their Constitution and Treaty.
Primary Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Work in collaboration with critical members of TTA and their supporting associates to develop and implement TTA’s Communication Strategy and Work Plan.
- Regularly monitor and assess the effectiveness of the communication strategy.
- Ensure the successful exchange of information to and from TTA’s member communities.
- Work closely with the Treaty Support Clerk to support community consultation and engagement.
- Facilitate focus groups, community meetings, and information meetings.
- In collaboration with others, develop and organize workshops, meetings and other community events.
- Utilize TTA webpage and social media channels to engage community members and encourage them to participate in the Treaty conversation.
- Implement and monitor community engagement activities and deliverables.
- Track budget and ensure reporting is submitted as required.
- Provide communications training for staff to build capacity within TTA.
- Monitor changes and developments in the Treaty process and be prepared to adjust strategies accordingly.
- Attend caucus, main table meetings and other treaty-related meetings.
- Engage with community members to solicit feedback on how best to communicate the information.
- Extensive knowledge of communications.
- Respect for TTA Member Nations’ culture and protocols.
- Working knowledge of the BC Treaty process, the constitution process, provincial and federal governments.
- Ability to build cooperative, trusting relationships with community members, government representatives, media and consultants.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; strong public speaker.
- Strong organizational and project management skills with well-developed event planning skills.
- Strong website and social media skills including content, updates, links, SEO, and appropriate audience response protocols, proficient with MS Office Suite.
- Able to work independently as well as working within a collaborative team framework.
- Able to travel for meetings on Vancouver Island, available for occasional weekend and evening work.
- Post-secondary Degree or Diploma in Communications or equivalent field
- 3 years prior experience in a related field including prior experience with the Treaty process an asset
- Experience developing and implementing a strategic communications plan
- Experience working with Indigenous communities
- Valid class 5 B.C. driver’s license and vehicle is required
- All employees are subject to a Criminal Record Check
Deadline for Submissions: All applications will be reviewed until a suitable Candidate is found.
Please submit Resume & Cover Letter to: email@example.com (Finance & Operations Manager)
Click HERE to download a PDF of the Job Posting.