Job Posting: Te’mexw Treaty Association - Office Assistant
October 8, 2020
Te’mexw Treaty Association - Our office is following all Covid-19 measures.
Position Title: Office Assistant
Application deadline October 16, 2019
Primary Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
Front Desk Reception
- Answers phones and assists callers by providing information, putting them in touch with the appropriate person, or taking a
- Welcomes visitors to the office and ensures their
- Receive (date stamp) & distribute incoming Mail – both (Canada Post & Electronic)
- Serves as a key point of contact between the main office and Treaty
- Maintain the TTA calendar for all meetings (caucus, main table, constitution, community meetings etc.). (Google Calendar)
- Keep the team updated on whereabouts of staff (ie absences, late ).
- Forwards referrals to TTA
- Order stationery and other office supplies including kitchen and bathroom supplies for the main office and Treaty offices. Complete purchase orders and verify orders are received and
- Maintain and reconcile petty cash for the main
- Maintain office equipment. Ensure copier is loaded with paper and toner is changed as required.
- Ensures the kitchen area is clean and stocked. Load and unload the dishwasher.
- Provide administrative support as needed to the main office
- Assist with preparations for special events/meetings including refreshments and
- Prepare meeting kits for various meetings, based on the meeting
- Transcribe minutes for various meetings (food pedal, software & headphones supplied)
- Set up the Boardroom for various meetings. Clean and tidy the Boardroom following the meeting.
- Scanning Documents – Saving Documents to Word Searchable Program
- Typing Cheque Requisitions
- Entering vendor invoices into our SAGE 300 accounting system
*NOTE* A vehicle is required for this position.
Submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org Margaret McGraw, Finance & Operations Manager.