Job Posting: Summer Student - Grounds Maintenance Worker
June 23, 2020
Closing Date: June 30, 2020
Summer Student - The Grounds Maintenance Worker, under the direction of the Public Works Manager, is primarily responsible for the maintenance of Songhees Nation grounds, including but not limited to lawn care, hauling and garbage removal.
- Cut the grass and brush in various locations.
- Pick up the garbage and brush around all locations.
- Clean out the ditches and catch basins.
- Help with hauling and disposal of garbage and brush to recycle or landfill.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of tools, equipment, techniques, skills, materials, and methods of landscaping and maintenance of lawns and formal plantings
- Ability to determine the kind of tools and equipment needed to do a job
- Ability to operate a push mower, weed whacker, blower, and basic hand and power tools
- Ability to perform minor maintenance of grounds-related equipment
- Ability to work in safe and efficient manner.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Must be between 15 and 30 years old
- Must be returning to school in September
- Sitting, standing, walking, climbing/ladders, squatting/kneeling, reaching, grasping, pushing/pulling, twisting/bending, lifting/carrying up to 50 lbs multiple times per shift
- Spends most time outdoors, exposure to hot or cold temperatures for one hour plus
Please send resumes to Felicity Peters, Human Resource Manager
Songhess Nation Phone: 250-386-1043 ext.114