Job Posting: Homemaker
July 10, 2020
Date Posted: July 10, 2020
Application Deadline: July 19, 2020
The Homemaker is responsible for ensuring the cleanliness of individual homes, as assigned by
Songhees Nation. Duties include, but are not limited to, dusting, vacuuming, mopping, and
sweeping, in addition to washing doors, windows, walls, and wall coverings. The Homemaker is
required to maintain an accurate and current inventory log of all supplies and materials and
report any necessary repairs and/or maintenance required for cleaning equipment. Other duties
may be assigned as required.
Key Job Requirements:
• Secondary School Diploma required.
• Minimum 1-year experience cleaning homes.
• First Aid skills and/or CPR certification considered an asset.
• Highly motivated and able to work independently.
• Strong communication and problem solving skills.
• Valid Driver's License.
• Clear TB test
• Excellent time management skills and strong attention to detail.
• Able to work well under pressure.
• Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all
• Manual dexterity required to various cleaning devices and tools.
• Ability to independently lift up to 50 lbs.
• Hazards associated with the industry; household chemicals and cleaners.
• Repetitive work.
• Some travel required.
Qualified applicants should contact:
Please send resumes to: Felicity Peters, Human Resource Manager
Phone: 250-386-1043 ext. 114 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org