*Deadline Extended * Summer Term Position - Summer Projects Coordinator
June 30, 2020
Job Title: Summer Projects Coordinator
Extended Deadline: July 17th, 2020
Songhees Nation is seeking a Summer Projects Coordinator to join the Songhees Health team.
The primary goal of the Summer Coordinator will be to research, schedule and implement safe, fun, and
cultural youth, and family activities for the month of August.
- Liaison with partnering agencies, or service providers about offerings, and schedules
- Work in collaboration with Health, Education and Language teams
- Create a schedule, book spaces, transportation and other required tasks related to activities
- Accept reservations /registration numbers for daily / weekly activities
- Key point of contact with community/parents
- Create and implement participation wellness and safety policy
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to work independently with limited direction
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality and to exercise judgement and discretion when dealing
with sensitive issues
- Sound written and verbal communication skills and the ability to discuss issues in a respectful
- Ability to organize, plan and prioritize work related activities
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Completion of grade 12
- Enrollment in related Post-Secondary Studies
- Clean Criminal Record check
- First Aid certificate
- Valid BC Class 5 driver’s license and reliable transportation
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals.
- Interacts with public at large.
- Some travel or providing transportation as needed
Please send resumes to: Felicity Peters, Human Resource Manager
Phone: 250-386-1043 ext. 114 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org