COVID-19 Vaccine Update
March 5, 2021
Songhees Nation Is Receiving 300 doses of the Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine.
Please CLICK HERE to view the video delivered by Karen Tunkara on behalf of Chief and Council.
Please Note: The details outlined in this video is outlined below.
The Songhees Nation Chief and Council, and Administrative Staff are happy to announce that the Nation will be receiving 300 doses of the Pfizer vaccine. We are prepared and excited to start the roll-out process.
The Provincial Health Government has implemented eligibility guidelines for the vaccine's receipt, and the Songhees Team is required to implement these guidelines when delivering the vaccine to the community. Our goal is to continue with wellness and safety as our top priorities.
These Guidelines are as follows:
- Vaccinations are only available to people who are 18 years and older.
- There is a limited number of doses of the vaccine available. We have received quantities based on the on-reserve 2019 provincial census data.
- Therefore, our current clinic schedules and the vaccine roll-out is open to the following groups:
- Songhees Nation Members who live on-reserve
- The spouse of a Songhees Nation member who lives on-reserve
- Songhees Nation Community Members, who are 18 years and older, and reside on the reserve with a Songhees Nation member
- FNHA is strongly encouraging a “Whole Community” approach and vaccinating the on-reserve population regardless of membership (member vs non-member) helps us achieve a safer community.
As more vaccine doses become available, we will proceed with our phased vaccine schedule and continue to vaccinate as many people as possible - on and off-reserve.
- Please watch for the daily updates that we will send out by email and post on the private Facebook pages.
Our Upcoming Clinic dates are as follows:
- Monday, March 8, 2021 – 10:00 am – 6:00 pm
- 10:00 am – 1:00 pm is reserved for Songhees On-Reserve Members and Songhees Community Members (who reside on-reserve with a Nation member) and is 60 and over.
- 1:00 pm – 6:00 pm is reserved for Songhees On-Reserve Members and Songhees Community Members (who reside on-reserve with a Nation member) and is 55 and over.
- Tuesday, March 9, 2021 – 10:00 am – 6:00 pm
- 10:00 am – 1:00 pm is reserved for Songhees On-Reserve Members and Songhees Community Members (who reside on-reserve with a Nation member) and is 50 and over.
- 1:00 pm – 6:00 pm is reserved for Songhees On-Reserve Members and Songhees Community Members (who reside on-reserve with a Nation member) and is 18 and over.
- Quick Reference Sheet for the COVID-19 Vaccine Clinic
We ask that you bring the following items with you when you arrive to accept your vaccine:
- Your Personal Health Number (PHN/care card #)
- Your Status Card or Number
- And please wear a mask
The Clinic will be hosted at the Songhees Longhouse, which is located at 200 Maplebank Road.
Here are some details to be aware of when you arrive at the address to receive your vaccine.
- The clinic will be a drive-thru clinic; please be kind and patient with our staff, as we anticipate wait times.
- Please come prepared (have eaten lunch, used the bathroom etc.) as COVID-19 safety protocols will be implemented, and members will be asked to remain in their vehicles.
- Vaccinated persons will be required to complete the 15-20 min recovery period; please ensure you have adequate time to be in line, get your vaccination and complete the recovery period.
We are very excited to get our vaccination plan underway and ask for your patience and understanding as we try our best to manage this process promptly and efficiently.
If you have any questions, please reach out to Karen Tunkara directly at email@example.com
*Please Note: This information is for internal purposes only. This information is not intended for a media release or media use. These videos are being shared on the Songhees Nation website to provide COVID-19 updates to the Songhees Nation Members only.
*All media inquiries should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org