Post Vaccination - Information and Resources
COVID-19 Testing Information
If you are looking for assistance in accessing COVID-19 Testing Information and Resources, please see the information outlined in the Centre of Disease Control section below or contact Nurse Hayley by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
There is a SELF CHECKER on the CDC website - The purpose of the Coronavirus Self-Checker is to help you make decisions about seeking appropriate medical care. (Please Note: This system is not intended to diagnose or treat disease, including COVID-19).
**If you need to be tested: Book a test appointment. The Island Health COVID-19 Testing Call Centre is available for individuals experiencing symptoms of COVID-19. (note: click on this link to find the Island Health Webpage)
When to seek emergency medical attention
Look for emergency warning signs* for COVID-19. If someone is showing any of these signs, seek emergency medical care immediately:
- Trouble breathing
- Persistent pain or pressure in the chest
- New confusion
- Inability to wake or stay awake
- Pale, grey, or blue-coloured skin, lips, or nail beds, depending on skin tone
*This list is not all possible symptoms. Please call your medical provider for any other symptoms that are severe or concerning to you.
Call 911 or call ahead to your local emergency facility: Notify the operator that you are seeking care for someone who has or may have COVID-19.
- Stop the Spread of Germs
- 3 Key Steps to Take While Waiting for Your COVID-19 Test Results
- COVID-19 Quarantine vs Isolation
COVID Resources Shared by Nurse Hayley
- This video does a great job of breaking down the science behind the COVID-19 vaccine, how it works to protect you, and the followed process to ensure the vaccine is safe and effective. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xzlwhz0MhTw
- What is herd immunity? Herd immunity means that the more people in a population that are immune to an illness, the more protection the population has. This means that getting the COVID-19 vaccine protects the individual, but it helps protect those around them too!
- By getting the COVID-19 vaccine, you are also protecting your loved ones. More information about herd immunity can be found here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kM_vy9BYX4c.
- The Facts about the COVID-19 Vaccines
- What You Need to Know about the COVID-19 Vaccine
- COVID-19 Vaccines (Pfizer-BioNTech and Moderna) How They Work
- COVID-19 Vaccines Are Safe, Effective and Will Save Lives
- Dr Shannon McDonald answers your questions about COVID-19 (video 13:21mins)
Hand Washing and Sanitizing
Mental Health and Wellness
Mental Health and COVID-19
The Overall Wellness Impact of COVID-19
Stay Calm, Keep Informed, Feel In Control
We Have So Many Strengths
Mental Wellness and Cultural Supports
Treatment Centre Options
When Staying Home Is Not Safe
The Medicine of Resilicence
Substance Abuse and Harm Reduction
Child, Youth and Family
The information on this page has been sourced from https://www.fnha.ca/what-we-do/communicable-disease-control/coronavirus/public
*Please Note: This information is for internal purposes only. This information is not intended for a media release or media use. These videos are being shared on the Songhees Nation website to provide COVID-19 updates to the Songhees Nation Members and the Songhees Community Members only.
*All media inquiries should be sent to email@example.com